As vain as it sounds, your face is one of the most important parts of your body. It’s the first thing people notice when they meet you. It also, has the power to convey emotions and expressions. We all lead busy lives and sometimes we forget to put effort into caring for our facial skin. Failure to invest time in maintaining a healthy and radiant face can lead to several skin problems.
Face Washing Tips
Everyone should have a daily facial care regimen. Of course, part of your regimen should be cleansing your face at least twice a day.
– Avoid using scented soaps on your face because they can irritate and dry out your skin. Soaps containing glycerin and plant based oils can moisturize your face while effectively ridding it of dirt and oils.
– Wash cloths made from harsh or cheap fibers and materials can rough against your skin and cause allergic reactions.
– Use warm water to wash your face. Warm water will open your pores and remove bacteria that can cause pimples and bumps. The popular belief that the hotter the water is the better the results are is completely false. Excessively hot water can strip your face of its natural oils.
Using Products on Your Face
Whether its lotion or make up we all use some type of product on our face so here are some tips you may want to use when applying products on your face.
– Too much of anything is never really good. The same applies to skin care products. Slapping on tons of products on your face can affect our skin’s pH levels and cause side effects such as; redness and irritation.
– For some men, aftershave is a product that’s used on a day to day basis. Choosing the right type of aftershave is very important. Most of these type of products have high levels of alcohol content which can cause skin irritations especially if your skin is sensitive and they can also close your pores. Aftershave is not recommended for acne prone skin.
– Makeup products are widely used by many. If you are an avid makeup wearer than it’s important that you put a lot of effort into caring for your skin. Makeup can clog your pores and cause blemishes. Before sure to use a good moisturizing product before any make up. Use cleansing products that’s targeted towards balancing your skin’s pH levels. Always wash your make up off your face at the end of the day.
Yes, your face needs just as much attention as any other vital part of your body. When your skin is its best state not only does it boost your confidence but your actually adding to your overall health and well-being.